Frank Lloyd Wright Quote

"Form follows function-that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union"

Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crown Moulding Finished!

Yipee!! The crown moulding in the kitchen is finally done! In fact, 99.9% of all the visible parts of the kitchen are done. Only the vintage stove is left to get refurbished and installed. Other non-visible things left to do are hooking up the fan and electrical for the vent hood and one light switch. The end is in sight!!!

5 comments:

  1. yahoo! looks so pretty! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your light fixtures! The crown moulding looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Enjoyed viewing your work. It looks great. One question, would you be so kind and tell me where you bought your crown molding? I have been looking everywhere and what you installed is exactly the look I am after for my home. The smaller trim on the build-ups above the doors and windows also looks sharp. I would appreciate your response. Many thanks! Mike - mlomagno@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael,

    I get all my moulding at McCoy Millwork here in Portland. They've got an awesome collection of trim that works well in old houses. Plus, their customer service is excellent.

    Here are the profiles I used:

    Crown Moulding: H508
    Lintel Moulding: H504

    The "H" is for Hemlock. They also have those profiles in MDF, although I could not bring myself to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joe,

    Thanks for directing me to McCoy. They have a great selection as you mentioned and were very helpful. Hope my results look as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete