I hope to have the basement in a semi-finished state by the end of the summer. That will make it "usable", if not "livable".
- Upgrade Electrical Service
- I plan on also moving the panel to the other side of the basement door so it won't be near water sources.
- New Windows
- Four small awning windows around the perimeter
- One egress window in the new guest room
- Plumbing Fixes
- Fix the wonky drain pipe coming from the kitchen sink
- Fix the plumbing in the basement bathroom
- Run PEX everywhere
- Add a winder stair
- I should be able to get more headroom at the bottom of the stairwell if I add a winder at the top.
- New walls and insulation
- I need to frame new walls around the perimeter and insulate them.
- Seismic Retrofit
- Since I'll have access to the sill plates in the entire basement, now's the time to make it a little more earthquake resistant.
I'm sure that's more than I will be able to get done this summer, but it's a good goal to shoot for. Wish me luck, and stay tuned!