Frank Lloyd Wright Quote

"Form follows function-that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union"

Frank Lloyd Wright

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Finally, more progress

I started painting the kitchen window trim tonight, just in time for a freakish thunderstorm! For those of you not familiar with Portland weather, we're lucky to get 2 good thunderstorms a year.


Anyway, I sanded the uncut lengths of wood for the lentil, head casing, parting bead, and the side casings and then used a brush to prime them. I used floetrol to help eliminate brush marks (as well as a good quality brush) and so far I am happy with the results. I still need to sand the primer coat and then apply one or two finish coats before I know how well the trim will turn out.

2 comments:

  1. Ive always heard about products like floetrol. Do you add this to the paint and mix it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - floetrol is great. I spray latex with a Husky air gun, and this stuff really makes the difference.

    Its nice to take a look at your blog - I am travelling, and far away from my tools (snif), and my family too. Remodeling Pictures from PDX help a bit.

    TTF
    10K Kitchen Remodel

    ReplyDelete