Frank Lloyd Wright Quote

"Form follows function-that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union"

Frank Lloyd Wright

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Bathroom Hardware

The bathroom project hasn't technically started yet, since I'm not even half way through with the dining room, but I've been drooling over the Restoration Hardware Bistro collection for long enough dammit!


This is the Bistro tissue holder in polished nickel. I really like that the paper just slides on the end. Nice design!


This is the new toothbrush holder with a stout porcelain cup. As much as I love the design, I gotta say it's expensive, and the cup was sold separately! As with all the pieces, the toothbrush holder is mounted to the wall with 5/16" anchors that work in drywall or plaster. These are very sturdy.


This is the double hook. For some reason, my old double hook had a mounting plate that covered two holes that had been used in the past. The new bistro hook lined up perfectly with the two original holes, leaving the previous holes exposed. I'll patch those when I get around to painting the bathroom.

I also ordered a 30" train rack to go above the toilet, but it is backordered until May. I'll post pics when I get it installed.

1 comment: