Frank Lloyd Wright Quote

"Form follows function-that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union"

Frank Lloyd Wright

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Does This Arch Have a Name?

I have seen archways similar to this on the exteriors and interiors of a lot of bungalows in Portland. Does anyone know if there is a name for this particular style of archway? I want to put some in my basement and I'm trying to get more information on their correct proportions.

4 comments:

  1. Haven't the foggiest what they're called, but we have one in the living/dining area, and another, very cute, smaller one between the dining nook and kitchen. Be happy to share pictures if that would help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is called an ogee arch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ogee arch has an S to it. This seems like Tudor arch - low and flat with a point at the top.. Also called a depressed arch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a Moorish arch. I have them in my 1930's bungalow in Denver

    ReplyDelete