Frank Lloyd Wright Quote

"Form follows function-that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union"

Frank Lloyd Wright

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Does This Arch Have a Name?

I have seen archways similar to this on the exteriors and interiors of a lot of bungalows in Portland. Does anyone know if there is a name for this particular style of archway? I want to put some in my basement and I'm trying to get more information on their correct proportions.


  1. Haven't the foggiest what they're called, but we have one in the living/dining area, and another, very cute, smaller one between the dining nook and kitchen. Be happy to share pictures if that would help.

  2. I think it is called an ogee arch.

  3. An ogee arch has an S to it. This seems like Tudor arch - low and flat with a point at the top.. Also called a depressed arch.

  4. Its a Moorish arch. I have them in my 1930's bungalow in Denver